https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Gift Shop Artists vs Covid19

I hope everyone is safe and healthy. This is a stressful time for us all, and our Gift Shop Artists are sharing how they are coping by creating!
Today we look at the work of Martha Millis, Rosie Kiley, and Arlene Breiling.

Martha Millis wrote:  "In trying times it is hard to know what to do.   I thought about working on glass several times but couldn’t get motivated.   Your note got me thinking and I am going to start working on Christmas items which I never do this early in the year."


blown glass Christmas ornaments by Martha Millis


more blown glass Christmas ornaments by Martha Millis

Rosie Kiley has also gotten creative. She wrote: "I've started making more hats." Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of Rosie's hats...but I have examples of her pretty purses, and jewelry.


suede and fur purse by Rosie Kiley

denim "Butterfly" purse by Rosie Kiley

lariat necklace and earrings by Rosie Kiley


Arlene Breiling has started putting together more of her one-of-a-kind cloth journals. Each one comes with a ruled tablet that can be replaced as needed.




Anton Art Center and Gift Shop may be closed, but the creativity continues.
Stay safe, and healthy...and keep creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment