https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/

Friday, May 1, 2020

Gift Shop "Artist of the Month" for May

Our Gift Shop "Artist of the Month" for May is glass artist Karole Sharpe. Karole is new to us from Holiday Market 2019.


Karole Sharpe is a glass artist who has created glass pieces for over 30 years. Her work has been shown all over the United States in galleries and group shows. She studied sculpture at the University of Colorado at Denver, then continued her education at Pilchuck Glass School and local Denver area
classes. The Detroit Institute of Art, galleries through out Colorado, Habitat Gallery, Pismo Gallery, and numerous private collections all have shown or own her art pieces. Karole currently has a studio/art barn right here in Mount Clemens, where she creates her varied and imaginative pieces. 

"I believe making Art heals you. The creative process allows me to tap into the subconscious part of myself that stores traumatic experiences.  Somehow despite the trauma I endured as a child, I was able to tuck away my creativity in a safe place.  I found it again in my late 20’s when I learned I could use my creativity as an outlet, I found I could release and express the feelings from these experiences.  Now when I create I connect to my inner child, I access both the joy and the anguish.  I “play” with the color, light, texture, to express my humor, grief, love, and spirituality.  My expressions come out through multiple mediums including: glass art, found objects, cement, metal, drawings and paintings."


Her pieces in The Gift Shop include:

glass dolls by Karole Sharpe

glass ring holders by Karole Sharpe 

"Oriental Mermaid" by Karole Sharpe


Karole was a featured artist in our past "Green Art Show" with this piece:

"Lisa has Hidden Parts" by Karole Sharpe 

The following are images from her Studio Album:

"Golden Torch Lamp" by Karole Sharpe

"Porpema" by Karole Sharpe, inspired by ocean plant life 
"California Poppy" by Karole Sharpe

"Goldie Blow Fish" by Karole Sharpe
Anton Art Center and The Gift Shop are temporarily closed through June 1, 2020, to do our part during the public health crisis. In the meantime, until we can be together again, stay safe, stay healthy, and keep creating!

Coming Soon:  Karole has agreed to take us on a virtual tour of her studio during SatARTday on May 9, at 10AM. To register for this ZOOM event, go to: theartcenter.org/bookings-checkout/virtual-studio-visit-with-karole-sharpe

No comments:

Post a Comment