https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/

Thursday, March 29, 2018

"Artist of the Month" for April

The Gift Shop "Artist of Month" for April is Tenchi Wayner.


"I grew up in Southwest Detroit. I love hiking in the forests of northern Michigan. 
Drawn to nature’s shapes, colors, and beauty. I collected particularly interesting “fallen branches”, roots and stones that I found on the forest floor and river bottoms. I began, as a hobby, to put
the pieces together to create rustic, funky and functional art for my home and garden.  With encouragement from family and friends, I began to expand my artistic works. While continuing to use the materials nature provides, I began to use other materials that might otherwise be discarded."

                                         “RECYCLED, UPCYCLED, REUSED, REBORN”

Here are just a few of the unique and clever art pieces created by Tenchi Wayner (WAY).


"Wooden Fish" 

Michigan bottle cap opener

Key holder using a jig-saw puzzle cardinal

Another key holder with a jig-saw puzzle blue bird

These bird pieces have recycled and vintage components

Come in soon and see Tenchi's work for yourself!

(Remember, the letters in parentheses after Tenchi's name shows her code. When you see that code on work in The Gift Shop, you will know she created it.)


Showing now at Anton Art Center:
Macomb County Secondary Student Art Show  March 10 - April 13. Featuring the artwork of Macomb County students, grades 7 - 12. Bringing together the works of students from around Macomb County, this is the 37th year for the show. You will be impressed by the works of our own very talented Macomb County young people.


No comments:

Post a Comment